Charming mountain villages, striking summits and wide-open white spaces on which you can leave the first marks early in the morning – Matrei in East Tyrol has all of that in store. The region in the south of Austria is among the most in-demand destinations for a magical winter holiday.
Whether for two in the quiet pre-Christmas time or with the entire family between slope fun and snowball fights – East Tyrol offers variety. Find your peace in Matrei and recharge your batteries for everyday life in the valley. Or get the bug and test your limits on the mountain.
350 kilometres of slopes, six ski areas, 400 kilometres of cross-country ski runs and 241 3,000-m peaks. Those are just some of the major cornerstones for your winter holiday in Matrei. East Tyrol impresses with its seemingly endless possibilities, and this very paradise is at your feet at AlpenParks Montana Matrei:
- Glide on one of the slopes with skis or snowboard.
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking East Tyrolean mountain scenery during a ski tour.
- Feel the peace and deceleration during a snowshoe hike.
- Be enchanted by the pristine East Tyrolean nature while cross-country skiing.
- Prove your skills in Austria’s largest ice climbing garden.
- Go on adventurous sledding and toboggan runs through the winter scenery.
Climbing with a particularly impressive ice park – that’s what the Icepark Osttirol promises. Austria’s largest artificial ice climbing garden is located directly at the Matreier Tauernhaus, offering various routes. Mountain guides are at your side offering workshops and accompanying you through the spectacular ice scenery.