Boredom has no place in the Saalbach region. The so-called Home of Lässig carries its name with good reason. There are numerous events and sightseeing options in Saalbach Hinterglemm and its surrounding area, visiting the most beautiful places in the province of Salzburg and even beyond. Which destinations are must-visits? And which events in Zell am See and Saalbach Hinterglemm should be marked red in the calendar? Your team at the AlpenParks Apartment & Holiday Resort Rehrenberg present their personal recommendations.
Where’s good for a long or shorter trip? There are many top-class attractions around Zell am See and Saalbach Hinterglemm, catering to all interests. Families, active adventurers and quiet connoisseurs all certainly get their money’s worth here. How about:
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road: 48 km of panoramic road lead up to altitudes of 2,504 m. Magnificent views, exciting exhibitions and several hikes await you along the way.
- Wildlife Park Ferleiten: At the Wildlife and Adventure Park outside the tollgate of the High Alpine Road you’ll find exciting animal observations on a terrain of 15 hectares, as well as action at countless entertainment areas amidst the mountains.
- Kaprun high mountain reservoirs: Nature and technology come together. Europe’s largest open inclined lift and fun children’s activities need to be explored.
- National Park World Mittersill: Ten experience worlds reflect the unique variety of the National Park Hohe Tauern in all its splendour. The 360° panorama cinema is the only one in the entire world.
- Krimmler Waterfalls: Europe’s largest waterfalls unleash masses of water with a drop height of 380 m across three steps. The waterfall centre makes the natural spectacle truly palpable.
- World of Ice Giants Werfen: Things are freezing here even at the height of summer. The world’s largest ice caves in the Tennengebirge mountains fascinate with their mythical ambiance and bizarre ice formations.
- Salzburg – the City of Mozart: The provincial capital is one of Europe’s most important cultural hubs. Sightseeing and shopping aside, it is also home to great family destinations such as the Haus der Natur natural museum, or Salzburg Zoo in Hellbrunn.
These events and attractions for sightseeing around Saalbach Hinterglemm provide fantastic variety all year. The AlpenParks Apartment & Holiday Resort Rehrenberg is situated in the heart of this fascinating and diverse region, creating the perfect backdrop for an eventful holiday 365 days a year. Book your cosy apartment in the province of Salzburg today!