VACATION WITH MOUNTAINBIKE IN AUSTRIA The mountain calls: Active holiday by bike
As soon as your skiing equipment goes into hibernation, it’s time to start this season’s bike adventures! The perfect time for a MTB holiday surrounded by impressive mountain peaks and blooming Alpine pastures! What are you waiting for? Pack your bike clothes, fill up your drinking bottle, put on your helmet – and off you go! Let certified bike guides show you the best tours of the Alps or explore the region on your own.
No matter if you’re a professional rider, leisure cyclist or family with kids – the Salzburger Land region offers bike trails for all tastes and difficulty levels. With so many tours to choose from, it’s easy to find your favourite trail across stones, roots and streams. Don’t hesitate to ask the AlpenParks team for the best tips and recommendations!
Bikecircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn
In the SalzburgerLand, the Saalbach region has developed into the number one biking region in Austria in recent years, with its unique mountain bike infrastructure and route network with various difficulties. Offroad, pleasure riders and downhill experts will find the ultimate biking paradise here. More than 400 kilometers of all levels of difficulty are available for touring riders and e-bikers.
Tip: With the JOKER CARD you can transport your bike twice a day free of charge with a mountain railroad and enjoy a 30% price advantage on all bike tickets for unlimited use of all mountain railroads including bike transport in Saalbach Hinterglemm, in the Epic Bikepark Leogang as well as in Fieberbrunn.
The AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten in Saalbach offers the best conditions for a successful mountain biking vacation in Salzburger Land:
- SUNBIKERS with bike rental, courses and know-how - directly in the house.
- Directly at the Kohlmais with:
- Entrance to the Bikecircus Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang-Fieberbrunn.
- MONTI and PANORAMA Biketrail
- LEARN TO RIDE Park on the tower meadow
- in sunny hillside position facing south
Off on the saddle and into the Gastein Valley! Explore the relaxing routes in the valley - whether alone with your e-bike or accompanied by your family. Take on the challenge of the mountain ascents and explore one of the numerous sporty mountain bike routes. Or let yourself be carried away by the thrill of the descents on the single trails. In the Gastein Valley, there are as many options for mountain bikers and cyclists as there are different landscapes.
And after an eventful day, a visit to the thermal spa always awaits you. The AlpenParks Residence is located directly in the center of Bad Hofgastein and also offers free admission to the Alpentherme incl. sauna world.
Top tours for your MTB holiday:
- Bike tour Posau (9.1 kilometres – intermediate)
- Graukogel tour up to middle station (3.8 kilometres – hard)
- from Bad Hofgastein to Stubnerkogel (34.6 kilometres – intermediate)
Zell am See-Kaprun is home to four AlpenParks Hotels & Residences:
- AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Central Zell am See
- AlpenParks Chalet & Apartment AreitXpress
- AlpenParks Residence Zell am See
- AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Orgler Kaprun
The region boasts 230 kilometres of bike trails, with three action-fuelled freeride routes on the Kitzsteinhorn. Maiskogel Bike Park is the perfect place for mountain bike beginners to master their first turns.
Explore the region on two wheels:
- tour up the Sonnberg (3.8 kilometres – easy)
- tour up the Schmittenhöhe (29.6 kilometres – intermediate)
- Kaprun – Hundstein – Maria Alm (59.8 kilometres – hard)
- from Zell am See up the Hundstein (45.7 kilometres – hard)
Check prices and availabilities