FAMILY HOLIDAY IN AUSTRIA OFFERS ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
- Schlossalm in the Gastein Valley offers fun and games for the entire family. Only a few steps from the AlpenParks apartments of Gastein, the huge adventure playground offers breathtaking panoramic views for the parents and endless fun and games for the little ones – all at 2,050 metres above sea level.
And since you’re already up on the mountain: Why not take a relaxed hike around Lake Schlossalmsee, which is also suitable for pushchairs? Don’t hesitate to ask the AlpenParks team for even more tips and excursions – they know the area like the back of their hand!
- If you’re planning a family holiday in Zell am See-Kaprun, you should definitely visit Schmidolin’s Baptism of Fire. The adventure hiking trail in the Salzburger Land region awaits you with tricky quizzes, fun tasks and lots of dares. And after successfully mastering the thrilling course, you’re in for a little surprise!
- Have you ever heard of the Alpine coaster in the Salzburger Land region? The Maisiflitzer on Kaprun’s Maiskogel mountain is open all year round, allowing you to whiz down to the valley at speeds of up to 40 kilometres per hour.
What’s more, young visitors enjoy a varied entertainment programme for cool kids on and around the Kitzsteinhorn.
- There is also a lot for families to discover in Seefeld in Tyrol. A special adventure, for example, is the family hike through the Leutascher Geisterklamm gorge, where dwarves and goblins are said to be up to mischief. A wonderful excursion in a mysterious landscape. Numerous playgrounds around the Olympic region invite you to let off steam.
- With the Joker Card, families can again enjoy numerous activities and visit excursion destinations in Saalbach-Hinterglemm. The large high ropes climbing park at the head of the valley is particularly popular. There are various climbing routes for all levels. At Kohlmais, right next to the AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten, you can watch wild animals being fed live. Definitely worth a visit!
- With its numerous crystal-clear lakes, the Ausseerland in Styria naturally invites you to swim and do water sports. A leisurely boat trip always goes down well with the children, too. The region also has several mini-golf courses, tennis courts and playgrounds - boredom is certainly not an option here.
Do you know why the AlpenParks Hotels and Residences are the perfect family accommodation? Because they offer enough space for Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and the kids! What’s more, they offer an easy solution to a common problem: After an exciting day out and about, the kids are too tired to eat out. So why not just enjoy a relaxed evening at your holiday apartment? All AlpenParks apartments are equipped with a modern kitchen, where it’s easy to prepare delicious family meals in no time at all.
Book your family holiday at AlpenParks Hotels & Residences now and look forward to an unforgettable time!
What would the perfect winter holiday be without some great mountains for skiing? Ask your reception staff at AlpenParks Hotels & Residences for the best ski schools and other great tips. The perfect opportunity to spend an unforgettable time on the slopes!
- Our family skiing tip: The ski resort of Mühlbach – Dienten – Maria Alm is only a stone’s throw from the local AlpenParks Apartments . If the obstacles at the Snow Park are still a bit too challenging for you, why not try Funslope Schönanger in Maria Alm? With its beginner's obstacles, it’s the perfect choice for rookies!
- The Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See is also one of the most child-friendly ski areas in Austria. There is a suitable ski run for everyone on a total of 77 kilometres of slopes. Families with children especially love the Drachenland, the Ski-Kinderland or the Funslopes. Night skiing is offered 3 times a week on a floodlit slope - also a very special highlight!
- The AlpenParks Hotel Sonnleiten is located directly on the Kohlmais ski slope in the Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn ski area. 270 kilometres of slopes await you in Salzburg and Tyrol - 140 km of which are blue slopes - perfect for your next family skiing holiday.
- The AlpenParks Apartment & Ferienresort Rehrenberg is located just a few minutes' walk from the zellamseeXpress valley station (access to the Schmittenhöhe ski area). In addition, the ski bus stops in the immediate vicinity and also takes you to the Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang-Fieberbrunn ski circus..
- In Seefeld in Tyrol, 26 kilometres of pistes and around 34 cable cars ensure skiing fun for the whole family. The family ski area encompasses several areas and offers numerous opportunities for refreshments in cosy mountain restaurants. Of course, the region is particularly famous for cross-country skiing.
The flood-lit toboggan runs of Zell am See allow you to whiz down the mountain practically around the clock. If you don’t have your own toboggan, you can easily rent one from the staff of the respective toboggan run. If you’re looking for a toboggan run that’s particularly suitable for children, look no further than the Köhlergraben natural toboggan run. Every Tuesday, the tobogganing bus takes you to the run’s starting point up on Schmittenhöhe. For more detailed information do not hesitate to contact the Tourist Office of Zell am See!
Even more tobogganing adventures:
- The Alpentherme Gastein is popular with young and old. Guests of the AlpenParks Residence Bad Hofgastein receive free admission for the whole family to the Alpentherme incl. sauna world. Children love the multimedia adventure dome and the theme slides.
- In Kaprun you can expect a water world that invites you to let off steam but also to pure relaxation. The Therme Tauern SPA is only a few minutes' walk from the AlpenParks Hotel Orgler and offers a 10% discount on the admission ticket. There is a separate children's area "Kinder SPA Kidstein" with various indoor and outdoor pools. In addition, there is a creative room, a playroom, a playground and a climbing wall.
- AlpenParks Carpe Solem offers direct access to the Samsunn Vitality and Wellness Centre. Here you get 3 hours of free entry every day.