OFF THE SLOPES - SNOWSHOEING off-piste
Away from the ski pistes you will find peace and quiet and relaxation during snowshoe hiking. Whether alone, in a group or on a guided snowshoe hike: experience the nature of the holiday region Zell am See-Kaprun in a new way.
The beneficial sport of snowshoeing is easy to learn and has a particularly positive effect on your body. The extensive winter and snowshoe hiking offers of the region Zell am See-Kaprun are ideal for leaving everyday life behind and enjoying the magnificent winter landscape of the Salzburg Land to the full.
Nature, as if made for winter hikes
Experience the silence and seclusion of the winter landscape of the Austrian Alps on numerous marked trails. Enjoy the glittering snow and the blue sky and enjoy a hearty mountain hut snack after your snowshoe hike. On your way on snowshoes up to the summit region you will experience nature as you have perhaps never done before.
The calming progress in the deep snow makes a unique and incomparable nature experience possible. Don't miss the opportunity to stomp through the dreamily snow-covered winter landscape around Zell am See on snowshoes over meadows, hills and even up to gentle peaks.
The top winter hikes and snowshoe hikes:
- Sonnkogel Schmittenhöhe: 2.2 kilometres, 146 metres altitude difference
- Filzmoosweg: 4.7 kilometres, flat
- Köhlergrabenpromenade: 1.5 kilometres, 150 metres altitude difference
- Dr. Müller Promenade: 1.0 kilometres, 104 metres altitude difference
- Bruckbergweg: 2.2 kilometres, 276 metres altitude difference
- Golf course circuit: 3.7 kilometres, flat
- Plettsaukopf circular walk: 2.2 kilometres, 44 metres altitude difference
- Lake promenade: 5.4 kilometres, 83 metres altitude difference
Tip: On the Schmittenhöhe you can also take part in guided snowshoe hikes. Tours are offered for beginners as well as for advanced hikers.