Wintery romance can be experienced in many different ways in the Lungau. You can really feel the deeply-snow covered scenery while on a horse-drawn carriage ride through Mariapfarr and the surrounding villages. Travel through the quiet landscape while wrapped up in warm blankets – ideal for couples and families with small children. Riding lessons are held in indoor facilities and on training courts, later onto your first riding tours. Many stables specialise in younger visitors.
Even more winter sports in the Lungau
Winter in the AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Carpe Solem Mariapfarr isn’t just for horsing around – your winter holiday in Austria has so much more in store. Don’t miss out on the following highlights:
- Tobogganing: It’s not just kids who love fast-paced fun. Small sledding hills and large toboggan runs get the motor running.
- Ice sport: There’s an ice rink at the Vital- und Wellnesscenter Samsunn spa. Curling is possible here as well. You’ll also find more ice rinks in the surrounding villages.
- Balloon trips: A brief trip to Mauterndorf invites you to see the region from a bird’s eye view. The view of the Alps is breathtaking.
- Spa: A little relaxation is always welcome during your winter holiday in Austria. The Vital- und Wellnesscenter Samsunn spa offers AlpenParks guests up to three hours a day of free relaxation via a direct, fully accessible entrance.
- Sightseeing: Old castle walls, fascinating museums, mythical ruins, charming villages and big cities are only a day trip away.
Your winter holiday in the Lungau region has it all, offering new highlights time and time again. Book your 4-star holiday apartment at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Carpe Solem Mariapfarr – optionally with sauna or infrared cabin / balcony or terrace – and experience a winter beyond compare!