Diving in crystal clear
Learn to dive in the lake Zell
Experience the underwater world of the Zeller See
Are you feeling heartbeat before diving for the first time? Ready to discover a new world? Then get yourself down to dive into the lake and into the water wonderland beneath the surface of the mysterious water body.
The lake is with its excellent quality a popular venue for amateur and professional divers and diving students. With its maximum depth of 68 meters, it offers a visual experience of a special kind. The calming silence under water and the rich native fish will enthral you. The Zell diving school is opened throughout the year and is located on the banks of the lake. Here, rental equipments, diving support, diving instructions and training courses are offered to you.
Diving in lake Zell: General information and notes
- Diving Areas: You can get started at the Scholz Aqua Centre Diving School in Zell am See.
- Highlights: Underwater photographers will be delighted by the biodiversity of the fish and the many underwater plants. Other highlights: Diving in Thumersbach, stone wall up to 40 meters deep.
- Restricted zones with a diving ban: Access is denied for divers to the protected areas and the area of water-skiing school. There is a general ban on diving for Zell am See.
- Hazards: Please pay attention to motor boats, sailors and surfers!
- Diving permits: For dives in the lake, the approval of a local diving school is absolutely necessary.
- Helpful addresses:
- Diving school sports Scholz, Bahnhofstr. 13, 5700 Zell am See, Tel.: +43 (0) 6542/72606.
- Diving school Zell am See, Matiasch Erwin, Seehotel Freiberg, Esplanade 22, 5700 Zell/See, Telephone: +43 (0) 6542/72643, Mobile: +43 (0) 664 / 503 6969.