As soon as your skiing equipment goes into hibernation, it’s time to start this season’s bike adventures! The perfect time for a MTB holiday surrounded by impressive mountain peaks and blooming Alpine pastures! What are you waiting for? Pack your bike clothes, fill up your drinking bottle, put on your helmet – and off you go! Let certified bike guides show you the best tours of the Alps or explore the region on your own.
Top mountain bike hotels in and around the Salzburger Land region
The AlpenParks Hotels & Residences in and around the Salzburger Land region offer all kinds of amenities for mountain bikers. For instance, how about a guided bike tour or e-bike test ride? After all, making your way up the mountain doesn’t get any more comfortable! You’re looking for a place to charge your e-bike? No problem, many of our apartments have their own charging points, for instance Hagan Lodge in Altaussee.
Four holiday regions for all types of cyclists
No matter if you’re a professional rider, leisure cyclist or family with kids – the Salzburger Land region offers bike trails for all tastes and difficulty levels. With so many tours to choose from, it’s easy to find your favourite trail across stones, roots and streams. Don’t hesitate to ask the AlpenParks team for the best tips and recommendations!
The Hochkönig mountain range offers a wide range of mountain bike tours. Most of the tours require a considerable amount of stamina, but there are also plenty of tours for leisure cyclists.
The top picks of the 23 tours:
- Hochkönig panoramic tour (142 kilometres – hard)
- E-bike tour Natrun (11.6 kilometres – intermediate)
- from Maria Alm to Zell am See (11.5 kilometres – easy)
Hop on your bike and explore the Gastein Valley! The region is a Mecca for mountain bikers looking for a bit of a challenge. The local AlpenParks Residence is situated in Bad Hofgastein.
3 of the 14 top tours for your MTB holiday:
- Bike tour Posau (9.1 kilometres – intermediate)
- Graukogel tour up to middle station (3.8 kilometres – hard)
- from Bad Hofgastein to Stubnerkogel (34.6 kilometres – intermediate)
Tours around Altaussee at a glance:
- tour of the Ausseerland region
- from Lake Grundlsee to Bad Mitterndorf (57 kilometres – easy)
- Sarstein round (43 kilometres – easy)
- Blaa Alm – Bad Ischl – Bad Goisern (44 kilometres – intermediate)
- Jaglingalm round (50 kilometres – challenging)
- Small Sandling tour (32 kilometres – challenging)
- Several more of the 102 Salzkammergut cycling trails:
- Almgrabenstraße (22.97 kilometres – easy)
- tour to the Langbath Lakes (8.39 kilometres– intermediate)
- Schafberg round (38.95 kilometres – intermediate)
- from Lake Attersee to Abtsdorf (29.03 kilometres – hard)
Extra service: guided tours of the AlpenParks Mountain Bike Hotels
Hagan Lodge in the Salzkammergut region in Altaussee is known for its guided bike tours. The guides know the region like the back of their hand, making it easy for them to find the perfect terrain for every guest. It’s no surprise that the AlpenParks Hotels & Residences in Altaussee are members of “Mountain Bike Holidays” – also don’t miss their great mountain bike packages!
No matter if you prefer a tour with a private guide or in a group – with AlpenParks, it’s easy to spend a bike holiday just the way you want it. Don’t hesitate to ask Helmut Simonlehner of the Salzkammergut Mountain Bike Centre for his best tips and tours!
Zell am See-Kaprun
Zell am See-Kaprun is home to four AlpenParks Hotels & Residences:
- AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Central Zell am See
- AlpenParks Residence AreitXpress
- AlpenParks Residence Zell am See
- AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Orgler Kaprun
The region boasts 230 kilometres of bike trails, with three action-fuelled freeride routes on the Kitzsteinhorn. Maiskogel Bike Park is the perfect place for mountain bike beginners to master their first turns.
- tour up the Sonnberg (3.8 kilometres – easy)
- tour up the Schmittenhöhe (29.6 kilometres – intermediate)
- Kaprun – Hundstein – Maria Alm (59.8 kilometres – hard)
- from Zell am See up the Hundstein (45.7 kilometres – hard)