Glorious valleys, curvy mountain roads and breathtaking panoramic views – welcome to the Salzburger Land region, your top destination for motorcycling holidays!
The perfect hotel for every biker
Feel the wind in your face and discover unforgettable mountain views around every corner – Austria is a paradise for bikers. Fortunately, it also has the perfect accommodation for unforgettable bike holidays: the motorcycling hotels of AlpenParks Hotels & Residences!
- Großglockner High-Alpine Road
The impressive tour from the Salzburger Land region to Carinthia is a highlight for all bikers. Located at 2,000 metres above sea level, the 48-kilometre road starts at Bruck. The many granite signposts along the way make it almost impossible to lose your way, with many blue noticeboards pointing out the tour’s highlights.
The Biker’s Point is the perfect place to take a break and enjoy the spectacular views from the highest point of the Großglockner High-Alpine Road.
Costs: Bike toll for the road is EUR 26.
? Due to its proximity to the Großglockner High-Alpine Road and its location right in the Hohe Tauern National Park, AlpenParks Hotel Matrei in East Tyrol is particularly popular with bikers.
- The motorcycling paradise of East Tyrol
Tour to Staller Sattel
The Staller Sattel connects the Defereggen valley with the Antholz valley and Val Pusteria. This popular tour starts at St. Jakob im Defereggental in East Tyrol. Up until now, motorcyclists don’t have to pay toll when using the mountain pass road. The 39-kilometre tour takes bikers up to 2,052 metres above sea level, offering them great views of shady forests and mysterious Lake Obersee. Stop by at Gasthaus Oberseehütte and recharge your batteries before your tour continues towards Italy!
Exploring Felbertauern Road
If you want to use the Felbertauern Road with your motorcycle, you have to pay a one-time fee of EUR 10. The tour is 36.3 kilometres long, with more than half of it on three-lane roads – a great highlight for bikers! With its highest point at 1,650 metres above sea level, this unique tour also leads you through the five-kilometre Felbertauern tunnel and to Amertal. An all-year biking highlight full of great turns!
- Impressive bike tours through the Hohe Tauern mountains
Bikers love to cruise along the southern face of the Hochkönig mountain range to Saalfelden. The many impressive side valleys are also worth a visit. Continue along the curvy country road to Zell am See and the breathtaking mountain world of the Hohe Tauern. Our tip: the section along the northern face is not for the faint of heart!
To make the most of all the views and highlights, plan five to six hours for this 240-kilometre tour of the Salzburger Land region.
Looking for a place to sleep? Spend unforgettable days at the four AlpenParks Residences in the district of Zell am See. Choose from bike hotels offering views of the Kitzsteinhorn , full service , five-star luxury amenities or proximity to the local spa . By the way, did you know that guests of AlpenParks get ten percent discount off different services of the TauernSPA?
- From Gastein to the lakes of the Salzburger Land region
This 375-kilometre tour takes you from the Gastein Valley to Sankt Johann im Pongau. From there, take the A10 motorway and continue along the A1 towards the city of Salzburg. Your next stop is Mondsee, from where you take the curvy country road to Lake Wolfgangsee. Enjoy the amazing views of the lake’s crystal-clear water and take the road back to Bad Ischl, Schladming and the Gastein Valley. Also don’t miss a quick stop at Lake Grundlsee!
: Recharge your batteries after a great day of biking at AlpenParks Residence Bad Hofgastein . The sunny apartments are the perfect place to relax before your next tour!
- Even more tours …
- Mountain lake tour: This 284-kilometre tour takes you through the Pongau region, with a short detour to Styria. The tour starts in Altenmarkt, from where you continue towards Bischofshofen and the impressive Hochkönig mountain range in Mühlbach. Continue towards Lend, Goldegg, Hüttschlag/See, Lake Jägersee in Kleinarl and back to Altenmarkt. If you still have some energy left, there’s a great tour from Altenmarkt to Forstau, Pichl, Ramsau, Filzmoos and back.
Our tip: Take the curvy mountain road up the Dachstein in Ramsau – the breathtaking glacier views are well worth it! Toll charge is EUR 5.
- Dreiwiesen Hut: This challenging 270-kilometre tour takes you from Obertauern in the Salzburger Land region to Dreiwiesen Hut. Narrow side roads, gravel trails and a considerable difference in altitude make this bike tour quite challenging. The tour takes you via Tamsweg and the Günster waterfalls to Dreiwiesen Hut. From there, take the road along the Carinthian Alps up to Turracher Höhe and continue along Mauterndorf and back to Obertauern.
The AlpenParks team wishes you a safe journey!