Skifahren in der Urlaubsregion Hochkönig
Lush green meadows in summer, white mountain peaks and snow-covered slopes in winter: That's what awaits you in the Hochkönig region amidst the beautiful Salzburg Land. Active holiday guests get their money's worth no matter the time of year – and on sunny, rainy, or snowy days.
The Hochkönig region is a popular winter paradise for skiing and snowboarding. It’s also part of one of Europe’s largest winter sports resorts, Ski amadé. In summer, the Hochkönig is a wonderful location for hiking and mountain biking. And apart from these popular sports, you can also look forward to a wide range of summer and winter sports opportunities and offers while on holiday in the Salzburger Land. How about a round of golf, climbing, mountaineering, trail running, tobogganing, cross-country skiing, and more?
With an altitude of more than 2,900 metres, the imposing Hochkönig towers over the surrounding summits. And that’s the exceptional view you’ll enjoy from the windows of your AlpenParks apartment. The Hochkönig region spans the three villages of Mühlbach, Dienten and Maria Alm, and it combines them into a one-of-a-kind holiday destination. These three small villages with lots of charm, hospitality, and character make the entire region even more special. Come see for yourself!
Hochkönig in summer – facts & figures
- 340 kilometres of hiking trails
- more than 20 mountain bike trails
- 16 alpine pastures full of mountain herbs
- a long-distance hike along the Königsweg (74 kilometres)
- over 30 golf courses within an hour's drive
- trail running highlight: the Hochkönigman with a total length of 198 kilometres and 12,639 metres of elevation gain
Hochkönig in winter – facts & figures
- 120 kilometres of slopes
- 33 lifts
- Königstour: spanning 35 kilometres of slopes between Maria Alm, Dienten, and Mühlbach
- part of the Ski amadé ski resort with a total of 760 km of slopes
- 40 kilometres of groomed cross-country ski trails
- 85 kilometres of groomed winter hiking trails
As a partner business of the Hochkönig Card, we are able to provide our guests with this advantage card free of charge for the duration of their holiday. That’s how you’ll benefit from numerous discounts and free admission to many activities and attractions in the Hochkönig region – in summer and in winter.