Sightseeing in Tyrol, Austria around your AlpenParks resort The region’s most beautiful destinations at a glance
What’s your plan for today? The destinations for sightseeing in Tyrol, Austria in Kirchberg and the surrounding region offer variety for every taste. Summer or winter, outdoors or indoors, regardless of age – you’ll certainly find something for you here:
- Kirchberg swimming lake: Fun and cooling off come together in the combined swimming lake and adventure pool. Swimming in the lake, frolicking in the heated pool, action in the large outdoor area or soaking up the sun on the sunbathing lawn – the lake is a magical attraction, and not just on hot days.
- Hohe Salve: It might not be the tallest mountain in the Kitzbühel Alps, but the 360° panoramic view from the Hohe Salve is a real highlight, with more than 70 three thousand-metre mountain peaks in view. The summit is also home to the small but exquisite Salvenkirchlein chapel with an early baroque altar dating back to 1666.
- Hornpark climbing forest: This high rope course is located in St. Johann in Tirol and has the right route for every age group. Wonderful climbing sections await, from beginner-friendly courses to small challenges with great views.
- Hundalm ice cave: The protected ice cave leads to ice and stalactite formations, some of which are up to 350,000 years old, over more than 120 stairs. Please note that the temperature is consistently around zero degrees in the cave, even in midsummer.
- Aurach Wildlife Park: 300 native and exotic animals call the outdoor enclosure in the Kitzbühel Alps their home. In addition to a child-friendly petting zoo, you can also admire llamas, kangaroos and yaks.
- Going: You might think Going is actually an inconspicuous place. The name has nothing to do with “to go”, yet the village on the Wilder Kaiser is certainly well-known. Locations from the popular Austrian medical drama TV series ‘Der Bergdoktor’ can be experienced up close here.
- Kufstein Fortress: The mighty Kufstein Fortress towers high above the eponymous district capital and was first mentioned in early 13th century documents. The popular venue for concerts and theatre events also boasts the largest outdoor organ in the world, the Heldenorgel in the Bürgerturm tower.
- Riesenwelt Brixen im Thale: The Filzalmsee lake in Hochbrixen has always been an insider tip among hikers . The diverse nature is presented in more detail in the Riesenwelt, with adventure stations and a peep box that brings the large biotope to life.
- Mariastein pilgrimage church: This bright white church can be seen from afar. 142 steps lead up to the chapel, a popular pilgrimage destination not far from Wörgl in the Unterinntal. The former great hall has since been turned into a museum
- Alpeniglu: Brixen’s icy wonderland includes a bar and its own restaurant. Changing themes and guided tours through the igloo arrangement make a real impression.
- Schleierwasserfall: An extensive hike around St. Johann in Tirol takes in this small natural spectacle. The waterfalls pour over the 80 metre high rock face, next to which is one of the most challenging climbing gardens in the country.
- Kitzbühel: Short walks, great shopping tours and spectacular events make Kitzbühel, just a few kilometres from AlpenParks Taxacher Hotel & Apartment, one of the prime locations in the holiday region. Top tip: the Hahnenkamm race on the legendary Streif ski slope.
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds: This adventure world, built for the crystal glass manufacturer Swarovski, is dedicated to sparkling art and thrilling experiences. Impressive installations, fun playground areas and precious stones will whisk you away.
- Innsbruck: Tyrol’s provincial capital is a place of superlatives, and not just for shopping trips. Immerse yourself in the countless sights, such as the Goldenes Dachl, Ambras Castle, the Bergisel ski jump, the Hofkirche church and St Jakob’s Cathedral, the Imperial Hofburg and the Nordkette mountain range, and get inspired. A day trip is a must for your holiday.
You can get even more sightseeing suggestions at AlpenParks Taxacher Hotel & Apartment. The team at reception know which destinations around Kirchberg in Tirol are a must-see and which activities are particularly popular at the moment. When can we welcome you to the majestic Kitzbühel Alps?