A long side valley, crossed by the Brixentaler Ache stream, is home to magical scenery, breathtakingly beautiful views, wonderful active experiences, fine cuisine and traditional charm. A holiday in Brixental, Austria at AlpenParks Taxacher Hotel & Apartment is full of wonderful moments and passionate sporting activities, creating memories that will last a lifetime. There is so much to discover between small and big adventures in every season and unique excursion destinations. Are you ready?
A holiday in Brixental, Austria, is always full of variety and diversity, with all its charming villages and destinations. Active experiences for every taste, wonderful relaxation, natural beauty and exciting sights await. Your AlpenParks team will be happy to advise you on the daily highlights. Here are a few favourites:
- Hiking: Mountain summits, such as the Kröndlhorn, the Gampenkogel, the Brechhorn, the Lodron and the Kleiner and Grosser Rettenstein, provide the backdrop for high-alpine hikes. The valley is also a marvellous place to walk.
- Biking: Countless mountain bike tours, top trails, parks for tricksters and a variety of other bike offers lead through the vast Brixental during the warm season.
- Skiing: Skiers and snowboarders take over from hikers and bikers in winter. Alpine variety is guaranteed thanks to the legendary KitzSki ski region and the similarly spectacular SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser – Brixental.
- Winter hiking: Regularly cleared paths lead through the snow-covered scenery. However, if you are looking for a challenge and want to head for remote panoramic spots, snowshoes are the perfect way to go.
- Herb show garden: 1,000 m² of herb cultivation in Brixen im Thale bring together fine cuisine, medicine and a love of nature. The Obetreichl organic farm has been diligently cultivating herbs since 1992.
- Alpolino: The discovery theme park in Westendorf is one of the most family-friendly destinations in the region. The fun marble run, several puzzle trails and the panoramic hike are sure to entertain everyone.
- Filzalmsee adventure world: Explorers and nature lovers can discover the flora and fauna of the Brixental. Several round trails with spectacular views, discovery stations for kids and a special biotope with a peep box take you into this adventure landscape.
- Aschau waterfall: A tragic legend surrounds the thundering waterfall with its equally roaring torrent. A separate hiking trail leads from the refreshing Kneipp facility directly to the waterfall.