In the centre of the 'Home of Lässig': AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten
In the middle of the valley, framed by a unique natural alpine backdrop: Saalbach could hardly be more idyllic. Far from the country's borders, the region is also known as a mecca for mountain bikers. For those who prefer an unforgettable hiking holiday, Saalbach Hinterglemm is also a paradise.
At this place in Saalbach, in the best sunshine, you will find the newly built, modern Hotel Sonnleiten. From this top biking, hiking and family hotel, you can reach the unmistakable Alpine landscape in just a few steps. Cycling enthusiasts are also right on the doorstep of their favourite place: the Bike Circus Saalbach.
Learn more about our summer packages now!
NEW from summer 2020 with professional Happy Family children's animation
Happy Family Animation for children from 6 years and for the whole family.
Everyone for themselves or the whole family together. With this successful programme mix, everyone has fun and everyone enjoys their well-earned holidays.
- In July and August, 5 to 6 days a week with trained and motivated animators.
- The children's animation is included in the price.
Outdoor experiences you won’t forget
Saalbach and the surrounding villages Hinterglemm, Leogang and Fieberbrunn promise a summer vacation with extra class.
To-Dos for Action & Nature Enthusiasts:
- Breathe the purest air in the lush green mountain pastures
- Refresh yourself in the clear mountain lakes
- Explore panoramic hiking trails
- Experience the region by mountain bike
- Take a ride on the world's fastest and longest steel cable slide "Flying Fox XXL"
- Test the fun sport of canyoning with experienced guides
- Tandem paragliding over the breathtaking mountain ranges
- Motorcycle tours through the mountain landscape
- “Baumzipfelweg” (Tree-Top Trail)
- Montelino mountain experience path next to Kohlmais mountain
- Valley of Games
- And much more
Did you know that the JOKER CARD is included in your stay at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten? You will receive it directly on the day of arrival and can start your summer fun right away. The following services are included in the Saalbach-Hinterglemm JOKER CARD 2020:
- Unlimited use of up to 6 gondolas in Saalbach Hinterglemm
- Daily one-time use of up to 2 gondola lifts in Leogang
- 2 x daily free bike transport with gondolas in Saalbach Hinterglemm or Leogang
- Biking without limits in Austria's largest biking region: 30% discount on all bike tickets for unlimited use incl. bike transport of up to 9 gondolas in Saalbach Hinterglemm, the Epic Bikepark Leogang and in Fieberbrunn
- Attractions for kids: Berg Kodok, Montelino's Adventure Path, Devil’s Water, Motor Skills Path, Fairytale forest, Kids Hiking Challenge, summit playgrounds and much more
- Unrestricted access to the Käpt'n Hook outdoor adventure pool Saalbach
- Unrestricted use of the end-of-the-valley-train in Hinterglemm
- Unlimited use of the hiking bus in Saalbach Hinterglemm and the public transport system in the whole Pinzgau district
- Up to 10 guided hikes per week by the Tourist Board
- Unrestricted use of the mini golf courses in Saalbach and Hinterglemm
- Unrestricted use of the Saalbach and Hinterglemm tennis facilities against advance reservation by telephone or court reservation
- Free admission to the Local Museum and Ski Museum
- In addition, you will receive attractive discounts from a large number of bonus partners throughout the Salzburger Land.
Summer activities in Saalbach & its surroundings at a glance
Did you know that the JOKER CARD is included in your stay at AlpenParks Hotel & Resort Sonnleiten? You will receive it directly on the day of arrival and can immediately get right into the summer fun. Use the cable cars and the bus for free and enjoy many other benefits with the bonus card.
In the area around Saalbach biking is clearly the top priority in summer. Whether downhill, freeride or mountain biking; in the Bike Circus Saalbach sports enthusiasts will find different trails for every level. On the guided tours for beginners and professionals of all ages, every biker gets his money: want professional support for the first downhill or need tips to take your skills to the next level? Trained bike guides are always on hand with help and advice. Everyone is guaranteed to make progress!
: immediately on the doorstep of the AlpenParks Hotel Sonnleiten, you can start boundless bike fun. This is a holiday from its most beautiful side!
Nobody who goes on summer vacation in Saalbach can miss a hike in the surrounding mountains. Righty so, because such a trip has to be experienced! The feeling that hikers experience at the summit, the untouched landscape they see ... to put all this into words is nearly impossible. Many tours are also ideal for families.
: With your JOKER CARD you can take part in guided hikes free of charge.
The Golf Club Zell am See - Kaprun - Saalbach - Hinterglemm has 36 greens with spectacular natural scenery. You can play in front of the Kitzsteinhorn glacier, which is covered all year round with white gold. Natural biotopes and lakes complete the landscape painting. Playing golf simply moves into the background in such an ambience.
The Baumzipfelweg (Tree-Top Trail) at the end of the Saalbach Hinterglemm valley promises fun for the whole family. The "Golden Gate Bridge of the Alps" makes it a unique day trip. You can take the Talschluss Train if your children get tired on the two-kilometre return.
If your stomach growls or you are thirsty during a hike, connoisseurs in Saalbach Hinterglemm have 40 comfortable rest stops to choose from. After a refreshment of regional delicacies, hiking is much easier. Take a break at the Panorama Alm, feast at the Sonnalm, enjoy the sun at the Hintermaisalm while the children play – it’s up to you.
Tennis fans watch out: In the sports centre Saalbach Hinterglemm you can practice your serve all year round. Thanks to the well-kept indoor and outdoor courts, you can pursue your hobby during your holiday.
On the Motorikweg trail in Saalbach fitness fans can work on their condition, as well as their dexterity and balance. Particularly popular for young and old is the kitesurfing simulator. Twenty-four stations like the Dehnoase, the 3D-Koordinationssteig and other challenges bring plenty of variety to the walk!
For families with children the water park Käpt'n Hook is a big attraction in the holiday program. When swimming and splashing in a water area of 1,000 square metres, the day passes in no time. What’s going on in the outdoor pool? Slides, wild water canal, massage jets and gargoyles.
Those who prefer to stay dry and try their hand at fishing should pay a visit to the Bärenbach. You can enjoy your successfully caught fish in the restaurant and.. Bon Appetit!
Have you always wanted to take off dizzy heights? During a helicopter sightseeing flight, you can see the fantastic scenery from a bird's eye view.
- Panorama Alm
The AlpenParks-Team wishes you Good luck!
A childhood dream comes true: with Montelino's deer feeding in the deer reserve above the Panorama Alm, families can see deer up close. The spectacle takes place daily from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Play areas make the morning program a fantastic experience for the little ones.
From Saalbach you can reach the city of Salzburg by car in about 1.5 hours. If you do go on a trip to the city of Mozart, you should definitely:
- Walk along the Salzach promenade and see the mountains in the distance
- In bad weather visit the Museum der Moderne in the cultural city
- Visit the house of nature with your children
- Relax above the rooftops of Salzburg with a refreshing drink
- Hike on the Mönchsberg and enjoy the panorama
- Visit Mozart's home and birthplace
- Take a boat trip on the Salzach with the waltz-dancing Amadeus fleet
- Go Shopping in the Getreidegasse and Linzergasse
After an impressive day, return to tranquil Saalbach and the stylish AlpenParks Hotel Sonnleiten.