Excursions & summer activities in Saalbach
Exciting outdoor activities for the whole family
Excursions for every taste
How about a bit of variety? Hiking, mountain biking and co. still remain wildly popular among the summer activities in Saalbach. But there’s so much more to discover. Top destinations in close proximity turn your stay in Saalbach into an experience you won’t soon forget. We’ve picked a few peculiarities for you:
Motor skills path
This summer activity is all about dexterity, balance, stamina and fitness. The motor skills path in Saalbach surprises with many a challenge and is suited for all ages groups. Jump, balance, surf or sway on 24 unique stations. The motor skills paths can be visited from the spring till onset of winter, use is free of charge.
Wild animal feeding
A very popular destination with children in summer is Montelino’s wild animal feeding. Family immerse themselves in the world of deer and does in the game reserve above the Panorama Alm every day from 10 to 11 am and experience these fascinating animals up close. Game stages turn the morning programme for the youngsters into a fantastic experience.
Day trip destination Salzburg
Reach the provincial capital Salzburg after about a 90-minute-drive. Salzburg is definitely worth the trip with its beautiful buildings and the diverse range of museums and sights. Stroll along the Salzach promenade, marvel at Mozart’s Birthplace, let yourself and your kids be fascinated by the Haus der Natur nature & science museum or shop to your heart’s content in the Getreidegasse and Linzergasse.
Tennis, too, is among the popular summer activities in Saalbach. The sports centre features several outdoor and indoor courts for tennis fans to pursue their hobby. It goes without saying that individual trainings with state-certified tennis instructors or tennis courses are available.
There’s certainly no change for boredom with this plethora of summer activities and destinations in and around Saalbach.
The end of the valley
- In addition to the numerous hikes that can be started from there and the Wildlife Trail, an interactive hiking trail for the whole family that brings the local wildlife closer, there are numerous attractions for young and old.
- In Europe's largest high ropes course, for example, adventure seekers can test their climbing skills and balance across wobbly bridges and zip lines.
- In Schnitzers Holzpark, creativity and a sense of adventure are encouraged and eyes are opened to nature in a playful way.
- The "Teufelswasser", where children and adults can discover the element of water at various stations and experience it with all their senses.
- The Jump n slide Park, another attraction that provides adrenaline, because here visitors can jump and slide on large airbags and trampolines.
- And of course the Baumzipfelweg with the Golden Gate Bridge of the Alps, a forest nature trail at dizzying heights of the treetops, where you can learn more about the forest and its inhabitants and fun skill games invite you to take a break.
The end of the valley offers many opportunities for fun and adventure for every age group and all this in the midst of a breathtaking mountain backdrop.
- Adventure hiking trails (Montelinos adventure trail & Mount Kodok)
- Summit playgrounds
- Hiking trails & medicinal herbs trail
- Archery trail
- and much more.