The Saalbach region is a popular holiday destination in every season. In summer, the mountains lend themselves to hiking and the Bike Circus for mountain biking. In winter, a total of 270 slope kilometres from the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn where enthusiastic skiers get to enjoy perfect slop conditions. However, the Saalbach region has so much more to offer...
- Nearly 3,000 inhabitants
- 1,003 m above sea level
- Tourism: approx. 1.5 million overnight stays in winter, around 700,000 in summer
Skicircus Saalbach (Home of Lässig)
- 70 slope kilometres
- 70 lifts
- 60 huts for rest stops
Bike Circus Saalbach
- 400 kilometres of mountain bike trails
- Up to 1,000 altitude metres for scaling
- Six cable cars transporting you to mountainous all terrain bike fun
It never gets boring in Saalbach as there are reasons to celebrate multiple times a week. We have compiled a selection of events for you that you mustn’t miss in 2020
- Saalbach Bike Opening (03.-06.06.2021): This weekend the mountain bike season officially starts in Saalbach - with the opening of the 6 mountain railways, parties and much more.
- Glemmride Bike Festival (01.-04.07.2021): Only a few days after the official start of the season, Saalbach is already back in the spotlight of mountain biking. At the festival, some prominent guests and international stars of the bike scene will also be visiting Saalbach.
- Lake of Charity (23.-25.07.2021): An action sports event with numerous sports possibilities, water fun and acoustic live acts - and all this at a picturesque pond on the mountain.
- World Games of Mountain Biking (09.-12.09.2021): For the 22nd time, athletes will give their all on the five marathon distances of the legendary World Games course.
- Mountain Festival Saalbach (10.-12.12.2021): MountainFestival is a Rock, Indie, Hip Hop and Electronic Festival. From the open-air stage to mountain locations, everything is there.
- Rave on Snow: The world's biggest winter festival for electronic music. The unique combination of winter sports and party makes Rave on Snow legendary.
- White Pearl Mountain Days: Sun skiing and casual sound combined with international cuisine and health and fitness programs.
You will find many more events in the following calendar of events.
We’ve already shown that Saalbach is the right place for active holidays. But there’s also a lot to discover for culture nature aficionados in and around Saalbach. That’s why we’ve compiled three full-day tours for you that will lead you through the beautiful province of Salzburg:
The Grossglockner can be conquered in many different ways – on foot, by mountain bike, motorcycle or car. The main thing is you get to enjoy the amazing view from up to. If you’re travelling by motorcycle, we recommend extending the tour to Lienz and choose the Felbertauern for your way back. This motorcycle route makes every biker’s heart skip a beat. To families we recommend the way back via Bruck and a detour to the Ferleiten wildlife park.
Discover Austria’s tallest waterfall with a head of water of 380 m in Salzburg’s Pinzgau. Afterward you get to experience the fourth element up close in the WasserWunderWelt Krimml. If that isn’t enough, you can stop by the National Park Museum in Mittersill on the way back where visitors learn fascinating facts about the largest protective area of the Alps in eight different worlds.
Finally, we have an adventurous tip for families – Pillersee Family Land. The action amusement park offers a rollercoaster, Viking land, a petting zoo and much more.