Familie am Montelino Erlebnisweg in Saalbach
Tall mountains, green meadows and a sense of freedom – that’s what the province of Salzburg is all about. However, there’s a lot more to the Austrian province; it’s an adventure playground for all ages.
Best of all, this land of discovery starts right outside the door of your family hotel in Saalbach Hinterglemm, the AlpenParks Sonnleiten.
Europe’s biggest high rope park requires a bit of courage and a lot of balance. 200 stages and 30 zip lines await your family during this enticing undertaking. On top of it all, you’re as close to the forest as it gets. Another great leisure option for a family holiday in the province of Salzburg is the new Wildlife Trail with its Wildlife Quiz. Golden eagle, ibex, marmot or deer – children will get to know the animal inhabitants of the Glemmtal on this educational path and solve an exciting riddle.
Other summer highlights during the family holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm:
- Mountain bike lessons for children
- Learn to ride – bike park right next to the house
- Game feeding above the Panorama Alm
- Summit playgrounds on the Zwölferkogel & the Schattberg
- Kart course in Saalbach
- Slackline course at the 12er-Kogel-Bahn intermediary station
- Crazy golf in Saalbach
- Fairy tale forest at the sports centre in Hinterglemm
- Käpt’n Hook public adventure pool with water slide and whitewater canal
A particularly action-packed kind of family holiday - explore the mountains together on two wheels and experience tons of adventures along the way. The Happy Family packages and Kids on Bikes lessons by Sunbikers are just perfect for bikers of all ages. The little ones can playfully become two-wheeled pros. Parents also get to perfect their bike skills. The following offer is available to you during a family holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm:
- Kids on Bikes lessons: increase your skills or let off some steam
- Dads on bikes: guided tours and lessons in the nature plus freeride trial days
- Mums on bikes: guided e-bike tours in the region or freeride trial days
- Various other children’s and trial bike lessons as per the current Sunbikers programme
In winter, the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn will also lure you outside.
It consists of 270 kilometres of slopes – including several easy parts that can be easily managed by young piste acrobats.
Your little ones will make their first turns at the local ski schools, the ski kindergarten and the designated children’s areas. Later on, the “Funslope Zwölfer” and the “Funslope U-Bahn” ensure speedy fun in the snow.
Other winter highlights on a family holiday in the Salzburger Land:
- Snow trails beyond the slopes
- Toboggan runs (night tobogganing possible)
- Toboggan rental (on enquiry/advance reservation)
- Practice hill “Turm 6er” for ski beginners right next to the hotel
- Snow tubing track at the A9 Unterschwarzachbahn
- The Timoks Alpine Coaster rollercoaster at the intermediary station F1 Streuböden in Fieberbrunn
- Ski school shuttle for children (when booking with our co-contractor)
The programme directly in your accommodation is just as varied as the options outside your family hotel in Saalbach Hinterglemm. Children’s playroom aside, there’s the Happy Family animation for children from age 6 starting in summer of 2021. It is included in the holiday rate. Trained and motivated animators do their thing on five to six days during the months of July and August bringing a bit of laughter here and there. Whether your little ones want to enjoy the programme by themselves or together with the whole family, the mix of fun and thrill creates moments of true joy.
Chilling, chatting with their friends about their cool holiday in the mountains, that’s what’s usually up with teenagers. Our heated outdoor pool and Smart TV are set for the former, our super-speedy Wi-Fi for the latter. If you’re looking for some variety, browse through the Saalbach app or check out the diverse social programme in the Home of Lässig.
Regardless of which discovery you decide on, you’ll recharge your batteries at your children’s and family hotel in SalzburgerLand. Alpine style meets relaxed nonchalance at the AlpenParks Sonnleiten. Cosy natural materials, such as wood, stone and loden, set the tone.
The spacious outdoor areas invite you to sunbathe with a breathtaking view as far as the Kitzbühel Alps. The spacious and cosy family apartments come with separate bedrooms and modern kitchens, and can, if desired, be booked with hotel services such as breakfast. If you’re traveling with a baby, there’s additional equipment for babies and toddlers as well as a highchair available to you on request. You can also borrow an all-terrain pushchair.