Amazing motorcycle tours
The best alpine roads for AlpenParks guests
The almost magical scenery of the Alps has always fascinated riders. Motorcyclists love the seemingly endless serpentines leading to summits via well-developed roads, gorgeous views included. Several of the best motorcycle tours in Austria can be found around AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Carpe Solem Mariapfarr, leading experienced bikers through Salzburg, neighbouring provinces and countries.
Biker tours at a glance
The wide selection of popular motorcycle tours in Austria invites you to new forays and adventures every day. Head towards high altitudes kilometre by kilometre, fully focused on the road before taking in the astounding mountain ranges during a brief break. Here are some of the best rides:
- Sölk Pass: After a brief ride to Tamsweg, you tackle the Preber. The Sölk Pass Road at the foot of the nature park leads to Assach / Aich, where a side road brings you to the high plateau and, eventually, the Radstädter Tauern.
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road: Probably Austria’s best-known alpine road leads towards the country’s highest mountain. While travelling to the summit is impossible, the numerous serpentines to the Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe are spectacular by themselves. With a combined ticket, you can ride on other alpine roads, such as the Nockalm Pass or the Gerlos Road.
- Red Bull Ring: Spielberg has been the home of Formula 1 cars and the Superbike series for many years. Motorcyclists can test their limits here for a fee. The tour via the Prebersee lake to Judenburg and Spielberg or via Tamsweg, the Krakautal valley and the Lavanttal valley promises additional scenic highlights.
- Turracher Höhe Pass: Carinthia’s Millstätter See lake near Spittal an der Drau is the first destination along this bend-heavy tour. Tackle the Turracher Höhe via Afritz, Himmeltal and the Gurktal valley. Good riding skills are essential, the clear views almost take the breath away.
- 3 Country Tour: One of the longest and most glorious motorcycle tours leads across the challenging Katschberg and Nassberg, then to the Italian Val Canale valley, and across the Wurzen Pass where you can take a detour to Slovenia. Kranjska Gora, Nassfeld and Windische Höhe are other highlights of the different tour options.
Your motorcycle will be stored safely at all times at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Carpe Solem Mariapfarr. Please let us know about your parking requests upon reservation. You can even rent a motorcycle in St. Margarethen if you’re not travelling on two wheels. There are also two service providers in Tamsweg for repairs. See you soon for two-wheeled bliss!