Eventful activity holiday in
Holiday highlights around the AlpenParks resort
All sorts of gems can be found throughout the stunning Lungau region in the province of Salzburg. It is home to almost magical natural treasures, exciting traditions and magnificent cultural monuments. There’s a plethora of things to see and do for a eventful activity holiday in Austria in every weather. Lots of activities, fascinating destinations, top events and many other treats give every holiday at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Carpe Solem Mariapfarr that certain magical something.
Exciting trips in Salzburg’s Lungau
There’s so much to discover and explore in and around Mariapfarr, the sunniest place in Austria. The following attractive destinations make every holiday a little bit better – and many of them can be experienced free of charge or discounted with the LungauCard, included in the AlpenParks holiday price:
- Moosham Castle: Salzburg’s third-largest castle complex was once the site of trials against witches and wizards. Guided tours are offered the whole year round with special tours for children in summer.
- Finstergrün Castle: Ramingstein’s landmark on a steep rock offers guided tours and highlights like the Naschkammer, the climbing corridor or a mythical walk.
- Mauterndorf Castle: This medieval 13th century castle once served as the episcopal summer residence. The view from the tower is amazing.
- Nature Park Riedingtal: Numerous hiking and cycling tours, the Nature Park House and the mountain road invite you to experience the nature.
- Salzburger Lungau Biosphere Reserve: Regionality and sustainability are key to this protective area with many walking and hiking trails.
- Silent Night Museum: Joseph Mohr wrote the lyrics of the world-famous Christmas carol in the adjacent basilica in Mariapfarr.
- Outdoorparc Lungau: Fun, games, action and more for the whole family in the Outdoorparc.
- Taurachbahn: Ride the old steam train and experience the Lungau as it was 100 years ago.
- Silver mine Ramingstein: The mining museum makes life underground palpable during guided tours.
Tradition & old customs in the Lungau
Art and culture remain important in and around Mariapfarr. The sunny place is the home of the old pilgrimage basilica, attracting pilgrims from all over the country for contemplative walks. The Samson figures need to be experienced. They wander through the Lungau from late May to early October showcasing their impressive dimensions. Salzburg’s Harvest Festival also has an important role. Numerous traditional events, accompanied by delicious cuisine, spoil the palate and the soul.
The Lungau is home to magical activities, destinations, traditions and events. Experience the region at its most beautiful around AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Carpe Solem Mariapfarr and enjoy full 4-star living comfort. Spend your next holiday in Austria’s sunniest place!