Cross-country skiing does wonders for your health, stimulates the cardiovascular system, and is also great fun. The Nordic sport has found a second home in Warth-Schröcken. Several runs in both villages, some at dizzying heights, leave nothing to be desired. Experience cross-country skiing around the Arlberg in all of its glory around AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Arlberg.
Runs on the Arlberg throughout the region
The runs in Warth and Schröcken are groomed and secured regularly. Nevertheless, the high altitude means you should always keep an eye on the avalanche report. Please also be considerate of walkers as the cross-country facilities run parallel to the local winter hiking trails :
- Jägeralpe: The easy start tackles one kilometre in a quarter of an hour. This round tour stays pleasantly flat and steady.
- Simmel: A few smaller ascents that shouldn’t be scoffed at accompany these 3.3 km around the Simmel and the Hochtannbergpass, with a brief detour to Hochkrumbach.
- Kalbelesee: Another easy, very short round tour circles this enchanting mountain lake. The view is grand – ideal for skating and classic technique.
- Falkenkopf / Körbersee: If you want to experience the tricky side of the Arlberg’s cross-country options, try your hand at these 185 metres of altitude spread across 5.7 km. Proper endurance is necessary when heading for the Körbersee lake.
Beyond Warth-Schröcken, the neighbouring villages offer an extensive range of runs for passionate cross-country skiers, tracked for classic and skating technique. We recommend:
- Au-Schoppernau: 50 km of classically tracked runs and 13 km of skating runs connect these two villages. The 13.8-km-long Dörferloipe run, combining fairly easy-going sections with a lot of altitude, is the highlight.
- Lech-Zürs: An impressive 27 kilometres of cross-country skiing and numerous trails connect flat terrain to challenging mountain sections and thrilling downhill areas. The routes lead from Leach and Zürs to Zug and the Zug Valley. Routes alongside the shore of the river Lech and through the natural jewel combine athletic activity with scenic beauty.
The local cross-country skiing schools have many other suggestions for Warth-Schröcken and other regions, plus equipment, lessons and guided tours. Make AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Arlberg your Nordic home and combine 4-star comfort in spacious apartments and pleasant wellness with healthy cross-country skiing on the Arlberg.