Your holiday in Warth and Schröcken Charming Walser villages
Welcome to Warth
Vorarlberg’s highest-located municipality, directly bordering Tyrol, only has a population of just below 170 yet remains among the country’s most popular holiday destinations.
The village has developed rapidly ever since the first ski lifts were built some 60 years ago, while managing to retain its original character and appearing timeless in the best way imaginable. Several village slopes provide access to the vast ski region. On top of that, one of the best-known long-distance hiking trails in the entire country, the Lechweg, runs directly through Warth. The Weltfriedenskreuz (World Peace Memorial Cross) on the Simmel illustrates the region’s spiritual character. The European watershed on the Hochtannbergpass also symbolises the scenic location in the heart of the continent.
With about 220 inhabitants, Schröcken is stretched out along nine lots, on hillsides and plateaus. Warth’s neighbouring village combines tradition and modernity just as perfectly. Ever since the construction of the Tannbergbrücke bridge in 1935, supported by the first T-bar lift in the 1950s, tourism has been able to develop freely here. Beyond the excellent selection of ski slopes and the direct connection to hiking and mountain biking tours and thrilling climbing adventures, Schröcken is home to some of the most magical natural sights in the Arlberg region. The glacial mill toward Alpe Felle continues to amaze. Furthermore, one of the most popular destinations in all of Vorarlberg, the natural gem Körbersee – voted Austria’s most beautiful place in 2017 – can be found nearby.
Charming tradition, tourist amenities, glorious nature and all sorts of experiences for every taste and interest – a holiday in the Arlberg region in Warth-Schröcken unearths new awe-inspiring gems every time you visit. The modern 4-star cosiness of AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Arlberg awaits you at the heart of it all – have you already made your reservation?
Guests from Warth receive the Warth Card from their first overnight stay. The card is free of charge and can be used for the entire duration of your stay.
- Summer mountain railroad Steffisalp-Express in Warth
- Travel on the blue hiking bus lines 701, 702, 706, 709 and 704 between Hochkrumbach & Lech, Oberlech & Zürs, Rüfiplatz & Zug and Rüfiplatz & Stubenbach
- Travel with the Bregenzerwaldbus line 852 from Schröcken (Unterboden) via Warth to Lech (Schlosskopf)
- Travel with the Lechtalbus line 110 from Elbigenalp via Warth to Lech (Schlosskopf)
- Use of line 111 from Steeg to Kaisers
- Discounted participation in guided tours according to the weekly program
- Various discounts at selected partner businesses