Schneeschuhwanderung in Osttirol
Clear mountain lakes, roaring mountain streams, impressive summits, lush alps and dark-green forests – Hohe Tauern National Park has always fascinated and impressed people. The unique area stretches over more than 1,800 km² and is thus the largest national park in Central Europe. You won’t only come across Austria’s two tallest mountains in the Hohe Tauern; the region is also home to impressive flora and fauna. The pristine natural scenery between the 3,798-metre-high Grossglockner and the 3,674-metre-high Grossvenediger offers a unique habitat to 10,000 animal and 1,500 plant species. Ibex, golden eagle, marmot and bearded or griffon vulture are your quiet companions and constant observers during a holiday in Matrei in East Tyrol. The National Park rangers with many years of hiking and mountain experience under their belts will gladly pass on their expert knowledge during guided hikes.
Matrei in East Tyrol equally invites activity aficionados, nature lovers, families, and those looking for peace and quiet, to a holiday in the Hohe Tauern National Park in both summer and winter:
- Explore the region during hikes with experienced National Park rangers.
- Find new favourite spots during tours by mountain bike or e-bike.
- Test your personal limits while rafting, canyoning or kayaking.
- Glide down the glistening slopes while skiing or snowboarding.
- Marvel at the breathtaking mountain panorama while ski mountaineering.
- Reduce the tempo while snowshoeing in the beautiful winter scenery.
- Cross the impressive white vastness while cross-country skiing in the valleys.
Each season has its charms and regardless of what you settle on: your holiday in East Tyrol will be unforgettable!
Though you will spend a lot of your holiday in East Tyrol outside, it is the comfort factor of your accommodation that will play a significant role in making for a successful timeout. Unwinding after an exciting day between the mountain peaks and streams only works if you can feel fully comfortable at your holiday accommodation – and that’s exactly our mission. You’ve already found your temporary home in AlpenParks Montana Matrei. A place where you can retreat and plan your adventures for the next few days. A place where you’re welcome any time. A place you can always return to.