Rodelspaß für die ganze Familie
Racing through Zell am See and Saalbach
Sledding fun for the whole family
Speedy fun for all ages
Anyone who thinks tobogganing is just for kids has probably never sat on a sleigh. The big family fun also extends to adults. Everyone who has taken their toboggan to Saalbach Hinterglemm or one of the surrounding tobogganing destinations knows what’s what. Snow-covered hills and designated toboggan runs are waiting to be conquered on two skids and with a proper start-up. There’s plenty of fun to be found around AlpenParks Steve Lodge.
The best runs of the region
But where’s the best place to race from the mountain back into the valley? Where are the biggest laughs, where are the heftiest head winds? The following runs, recommended by AlpenParks, make every winter holiday better:
- Biberg Saalfelden: A toboggan run with a view – that pretty much goes without saying on one of the longest natural runs in the world. More than six kilometres, with plenty of turns and gorgeous panoramas, await on the Biberg in Saalfelden. The run is even open after dark under floodlights on select days.
- Reiterkogel Hinterglemm: The D1 Reiterkogelbahn transports holders of a valid ski pass directly to the start. 3.2 km lead back to the village even at night – every day except Sunday.
- Köhlergraben Zell am See: Tobogganing for the entire family is the plan on this short run. Families with children will feel especially comfortable on the sleigh.
- Maisi Flitzer Kaprun: The Maiskogel is home to a year-round toboggan run. The Alpine Coaster leads through 63 turns, across bridges and waves, like on a rollercoaster. You set the speed.
A helpful guide for tobogganing
Sledding is fun. To keep it that way, the following safety steps should be kept in mind:
- Drive as fast or as slow as you can and want. Look after your own safety and the safety of others. Overconfidence heightens the accident risk.
- Keep an eye on the weather conditions. Speed and direction are harder to control on icy runs.
- Bring good shoes (not ski boots!) and, if possible, a helmet.
- Toboggans must not be used on ski slopes.
- Some runs may only allow their own toboggans with special brakes. Enquire before you head off.
Explore the variety of fun toboggan runs in Saalbach Hinterglemm and the surrounding Salzburg region – the icing on the cake for all ages during your next AlpenParks winter holiday!