Wanderung bei den Stauseen in Kaprun
Boredom has no place in the Saalbach region. The so-called Home of Lässig carries its name with good reason. There are numerous events and sightseeing options in Saalbach Hinterglemm and its surrounding area, visiting the most beautiful places in the province of Salzburg and even beyond. Which destinations are must-visits? And which events in Zell am See and Saalbach Hinterglemm should be marked red in the calendar? Your team at the AlpenParks Steve Lodge present their personal recommendations.
Where’s good for a long or shorter trip? There are many top-class attractions around Zell am See and Saalbach Hinterglemm, catering to all interests. Families, active adventurers and quiet connoisseurs all certainly get their money’s worth here. How about:
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road: 48 km of panoramic road lead up to altitudes of 2,504 m. Magnificent views, exciting exhibitions and several hikes await you along the way.
- Wildlife Park Ferleiten: At the Wildlife and Adventure Park outside the tollgate of the High Alpine Road you’ll find exciting animal observations on a terrain of 15 hectares, as well as action at countless entertainment areas amidst the mountains.
- Kaprun high mountain reservoirs: Nature and technology come together. Europe’s largest open inclined lift and fun children’s activities need to be explored.
- National Park World Mittersill: Ten experience worlds reflect the unique variety of the National Park Hohe Tauern in all its splendour. The 360° panorama cinema is the only one in the entire world.
- Krimmler Waterfalls: Europe’s largest waterfalls unleash masses of water with a drop height of 380 m across three steps. The waterfall centre makes the natural spectacle truly palpable.
- World of Ice Giants Werfen: Things are freezing here even at the height of summer. The world’s largest ice caves in the Tennengebirge mountains fascinate with their mythical ambiance and bizarre ice formations.
- Salzburg – the City of Mozart: The provincial capital is one of Europe’s most important cultural hubs. Sightseeing and shopping aside, it is also home to great family destinations such as the Haus der Natur natural museum, or Salzburg Zoo in Hellbrunn.
The regional event calendar is always packed. Hundreds of events in Saalbach Hinterglemm, Zell am See-Kaprun and beyond combine cultural and traditional, athletic and indulgent experiences. These event highlights run through the year:
- World Games of Mountain Biking: One of the biggest mountain biking events for leisure bikers and pros offers spectacular contests on two wheels.
- Magic Lake Show: This awe-inspiring water, light, laser and music show creates breathtaking moments on Lake Zell – three times a week from mid-May to mid-October.
- Ironman 70.3: Austria’s flagship triathlon event leads across and around Lake Zell and through the heart of the Pinzgau region.
- Gorgeous Lights: The Sigmund-Thun Klamm gorge radiates in colourful light twice a week in summer, accompanied by the roar of the wild waters.
- Harvest Festival: The province of Salzburg dedicates the autumn season to its rich cultural heritage. Numerous events, markets and feasts showcase old customs and traditions.
- Rave on Snow: The largest winter club festival in the world combines snowboard action, nightlife and electronic music to create a massive spectacle.
- White Pearl Mountain Days: Alpine lifestyle becomes palpable in the Skicircus thanks to an exciting, relaxed active programme and top-class performances.
These events and attractions for sightseeing around Saalbach Hinterglemm provide fantastic variety all year. The AlpenParks Steve Lodge is situated in the heart of this fascinating and diverse region, creating the perfect backdrop for an eventful holiday 365 days a year. Book your cosy apartment in the province of Salzburg today!