Trailrunning auf der Schmittenhöhe
More things to do in Saalbach and
surroundings in summer
From archery to trail running
Summer variety included
There are so many other ways to fully enjoy the summer around the AlpenParks Steve Lodge beyond the classic hiking and biking offerings. The many things to do in Saalbach and the surrounding area in summer leave boredom no chance.
With bow and arrow
Did you know that Saalbach and Hinterglemm are among the country’s best archery regions? Several facilities, right on the doorstep, combine precision with nature bliss and athletic activity. The Sonnhof 3D archery facility requires surefootedness and sturdy shoes. 28 stages take aim at three-dimensional targets. There’s also a 2.5 km round course for beginners and pros at the Glemmerhof. Archery in Saalbach is something that must be experienced.
Hikers and mountain bikers love the extensive selection of paths and trails in the Home of Lässig, often venturing into trickier terrain. Trail running in Saalbach takes advantage of these areas as challenging running routes. They usually lead far away from the tarmac and utilise more mountainous terrain. Expect inspiring scenery for astonishing runs combining physical exertion with unique panoramic views. The annual Saalbach Trail & Skyrace top-class trail event and the JOKER Trail Run tour with four mountains and four summer cable cars are genuine gems.
Fun for the entire family
These are just some of the summer activities in Saalbach that make every holiday into a diverse experience. The following experiences are especially – but not exclusively – for families:
- High ropes park: Europe’s largest high ropes park is in Saalbach Hinterglemm! Eight kilometres of rope path, 200 stages, and zip lines rising up to 40 metres ensure action for anyone with a head for heights.
- Montelino’s Adventure Path: The little clown has lost its smile. This child-friendly hiking trail has several stages with fun riddles for young kids.
- Geocaching: Several trails in Saalbach Hinterglemm and Zell am See-Kaprun lend themselves to this exciting, GPS-assisted treasure hunt. There’s even a special series of caches for hiking pros at the Seven Summits.
- Summer tobogganing: The race isn’t just on in winter; the summer toboggan run near Saalbach in charming Saalfelden covers 61 turns and three super jumps. Choose your own tempo.
- Slackline: Perfect balancing acts for beginners and intermediates at the intermediary station of the 12er KOGEL Bahn in Hinterglemm. Children and teenagers get to let off steam and improve their balance.
These and other summery things to do in Saalbach provide entertainment throughout your entire holiday. There are also large indoor and outdoor play areas at the AlpenParks Steve Lodge that are great fun for kids and provide many a quiet hour for adults. Secure all these attractive holiday benefits today!