Exciting MTB holidays in
The best trails, the most spectacular tours
Amazing variety on two wheels
Saalbach is widely regarded as Austria’s largest bike region, and with good reason. Nine modern cable cars access countless lines, tours and bike trails in Saalbach, Hinterglemm, Leogang and Fieberbrunn, providing fast connections for beginners and pros, for all ages.
Beginner-friendly areas go hand in hand with legendary routes that hosts world-class mountain bikers. An MTB holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm at the AlpenParks Steve Lodge guarantees highlight after highlight.
The best places for mountain biking in Saalbach Hinterglemm
But where to start! Mountain bike holidays in Saalbach Hinterglemm lead across the countryside with attractive offerings for every taste. Here are some of the can’t-miss highlights.
- Blue-Line: Beginners get their first taste of the freeriding experience in the Home of Lässig on this flowing single trail.
- Monti-Line: There’s another beginner-friendly trail on the Kohlmais. The former Milka Line is also great for younger beginners.
- Hacklberg-Trail: Experienced mountain bikers tackle the very natural trail from the Westgipfel to Hinterglemm. The mountain scenery is breathtaking, the speed very high.
- X-Line: Genuine pros face tree root and technical areas, stone, forest and meadow regions, countless jumps and berms on one of Europe’s longest freeriding routes.
- Pro-Line: The name says it all – this heavily contested Reiterkogel route combines narrow forest paths with rocky stages, drops, tables and technical challenges. Things get a bit wilder towards the end.
- BIG-5 Bike Challenge: Looking for a challenge? Enduro bikers rise to the ultimate challenge during their MTB holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm. 61 km and 5,000 altitude metres of downhill trails are waiting to be mastered.
Prime bike events
Austria’s no. 1 bike region has hosted several high calibre World Cup events and World Championship contests on two wheels. The national and international MTB elite regularly visit the Home of Lässig. These two events are a must for any bike holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm:
- GlemmRide Bike Festival: Gripping downhill races, breathtaking slopestyle contests, the large expo with the hottest MTB news, and unique side events during these four days in July.
- World Games of Mountain Biking: Leisure bikers and licensed riders compete over five marathon distances, during the cross-country contest and the youth contests in September.
Gravel biking through Saalbach Hinterglemm
There are plenty of ways to explore the Home of Lässig on two wheels. Aside from the constantly growing e-biking trend, Saalbach Hinterglemm is also now a home to gravel bikers. Countless gravel roads link up to form spectacular touring variations through the heart of the region.
Among the must-bikes is the brand-new Glemm Valley Cycle Path, combining Saalbach Hinterglemm and Maishofen beyond the main road leading onto different paths. The wide “Gravel the Lakes” tour with connections to Lake Zell, the Klammsee and the Ritzensee also need to be experienced.
Numerous trails, tours and paths pass nearby the AlpenParks resort. The quick, easy connection to the wide network of paths, and the divine in-house relaxation after tough tours make the AlpenParks Steve Lodge the prime destination for your next MTB holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm.