Winterwandern in Saalbach Hinterglemm
There are so many wonderful ways to explore and enjoy the wintery nature around AlpenParks Apartment & Holiday Resort Rehrenberg with all the senses. Winter hiking in Austria unearths beautiful paths on mountains and in valleys. Enjoy the warmth of the sun and make special memories on cleared paths, trudging through the deep snow of Saalbach and Hinterglemm. There are countless hiking trails around the AlpenParks resort that are perfectly groomed even in winter. Where would you like to go today?
An extended winter hike leads to particularly beautiful, romantic spots throughout the entire region. A whopping 140 km of winter hiking trails and numerous other winter hiking options in Zell am See, Kaprun and Saalfelden, bring heaven on earth a bit closer. The tender crispness of the snow beneath your boots provides the soundtrack for explorations in the quiet, frozen scenery. You’ll love the small forest paths, extended walks along promenades, exciting alp tours and round hiking trails at the mountain stations of numerous winter cable cars. How about:
- Lindlingalm: These 5 and a half hours of touring require some endurance. The walk leads around Hinterglemm with a view of the valley-end.
- Saalachpromenade: This promenade from Saalbach to Jausern is distinctly more relaxed and idyllic. Two hours of welcoming and wonderfully cosy experiences.
- Sonnalm: Winter hiking in Saalbach and Hinterglemm would be nothing without this alp tour. Three hours of walking time cover the promenade, Unterreit and Hasenbach.
Winter hiking should be all about relaxation and enjoying nature. Please keep in mind the following tips for safe shared experiences:
- You can come across other winter athletes on winter hiking trails at any time, especially when crossing slopes, cross-country ski runs and toboggan runs. Look out for skiers, tobogganists and cross-country skiers!
- Signposting of summer hiking trails is invalid when there’s snow. Please only follow the winter hiking signposts.
- Be particularly careful after fresh snowfall – the usually extensively groomed paths might not have been cleared and/or gritted yet.
Safety and recreation meet unique moments of bliss when winter hiking in Austria. Discover these and other active highlights during your next AlpenParks holiday!