Familie badet im Zeller See im SalzburgerLand
Once the summer properly gets going, some cooling-off is an absolute must. There are plenty of public pools and a swimming lake in Zell am See in Saalbach Hinterglemm around the AlpenParks Apartment & Holiday Resort Rehrenberg. Look forward to attractive water sports, action-packed trends, a little sunbathing, and many more exciting options.
Lake Zell is the prime location for many, and with good reason. It is widely regarded as one of Austria’s most beautiful lakes with its crystal-clear water, gorgeous idyllic nature and summer water temperatures of approx. 23 °C. With three public lidos in Schüttdorf, Thumersbach and at the beach directly in Zell am See, swimmers and connoisseurs have glorious opportunities to experience the cool drinking-water-quality lake with all the senses. But that’s far from everything Lake Zell has in store:
- Surfing and sailing: Excellent water and wind conditions lend themselves to gliding across the lake. There are plenty of surfing and sailing schools plus equipment rentals directly at Lake Zell.
- Stand-up paddling: SUP has become far more than just another trend. Delightfully paddle across the water surface with a little skill and balance.
- Kayaking and canoeing: Lake Zell is great for a paddle. There might even be a chance for a trip along the shore.
- Pedal boating: Hit the pedals, get set, go! There are several pedal boat rentals up and down the lake. Rowing boats can be rented, too.
- Fishing: Anglers go for pike, zander, bass, whitefish, lake trout, sea char and many other fish at quieter shore spots or from the boat.
- Cruise: Why swim and paddle when you can just travel with ease. Boat trips in Zell am See visit the different villages around Lake Zell.
Lake Zell is far from the only water destination around the AlpenParks Apartment & Holiday Resort Rehrenberg. Here are some other places to experience this refreshment:
- Käpt’n Hook Adventure Pool: The public swimming pool in Saalbach Hinterglemm is a must for families. There’s action galore from the water slide to the water spouter, white-water, and large pirate ship. Fun ahoy!
- Canyoning and rafting: There are many ways around Zell am See-Kaprun and Saalbach to experience and explore the white water with all the senses.
- Devil’s Water: This theme park in the valley end is dedicated to water as a fun and spa experience. Visitors of all ages get their money’s worth... free of charge!
- AlpenParks water fun: There’s also a children’s pool and a heated outdoor pool for water fun in every weather at the AlpenParks Apartment & Holiday Resort Rehrenberg.
Whether athletic, completely relaxed or really active – swimming in Zell am See and Saalbach leaves nothing to be desired. The only thing missing now is an individual holiday offer!